Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tiffany's.

"Paul Varjak: You know what's wrong with you, Miss Whoever-you-are? You're chicken, you've got no guts. You're afraid to stick out your chin and say, "Okay, life's a fact, people do fall in love, people do belong to each other, because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness." You call yourself a free spirit, a "wild thing," and you're terrified somebody's gonna stick you in a cage. Well baby, you're already in that cage. You built it yourself. And it's not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas, or in the east by Somali-land. It's wherever you go. Because no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself."

<<---  My sister gave me dis. >.<
Christmas is coming up, and I am in shock. I mean, yes, that's cliché but, I am. I was all prepared at the beginning of the month and then it came around and now it's less than a week away! 
The reason I am in so much shock is probably because about a week ago I got really distracted from christmas and december in general cause something else made me really happy. People who know me know that I am usually pretty bitter and cynical, and I am sorry to say that you all will have to forget about that part of me for...who knows how long?
I chose that quote because, I always have been a little wild, not really wanting or ready to be tied down. But the truth is probably that I was just not aware of the other thing you can call being "tied down". Being happy. I mean, yea this is sappy, and yea nothing is perfect. But I like it this way. 
Schools over, I am free for a month, things are going my way. Now comes the fear. What if I just ignore it? Will that work?

No comments:

Post a Comment